I am pleased to say that the new website has been received with enthusiasm and several people are making contributions, which are worth following. Please use the comments facility to get an interchange of ideas going:
- Kevin has started a monthly technical chat, which will include Aldi’s cycling deals.
- George is giving us a monthly roads and paths update.
- Paul has created a page of tips about taking bikes on the trains. You can send any additional tips to Paul using the contact facility.
- Bob has created a page of tips about route planning websites and tips for using a gps. You can send any additional tips to Bob using the contact facility.
- To celebrate this year’s Women’s Festival of Cycling, Vicky Palethorpe is organising a Ladies only ride on Sunday 15th July. Click here for preliminary information. More details of meeting point and route will follow.
- There will be a Runs Meeting at 1900hrs on Friday 11th May at 66 Craven Avenue, CV3 2JT. Please let Bob Tinley know if you going to attend. We are always keen to have new leaders on both our shorter and longer Sunday rides. If you are unable to attend please send, in advance of the meeting, any ideas for rides you would like to lead in the next 3-months, along with dates to Bob Tinley, or George Riches.
Coventry Sunday 6th May
Rides meet at the Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
- An easy paced ride of less than 30-miles will be led by John Callinan (email@example.com) to Hatton Locks (SP 240 668) and back to Memorial Park.
- Anyone fancying a slightly faster morning ride is very welcome to join the longer ride and return home after the coffee break. There are usually a few people riding to coffee only, so you can be sure of some company on the return journey.
- A longer ride will be led by Bob Tinley (024 7654 2676, 077 1783 3565) to:
- Hatton Locks (SP 240 668) for coffee after 13-miles, to
- Alcester, Venue Express (SP 090 575) for lunch at 26-miles.
- Wroxhall, Village Hall (SP 225 714) for tea at 42-miles and
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 52-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.
View the route in BikeHike – includes download facility.
Coventry Tuesday 8th May
Meeting point: Stretton-under-Fosse, Malt Kiln Farm (SP 455 814) at 1045hrs.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs for lunch at Ullesthorpe, Palmers Garden Centre (SP 518 869).View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
- We will return towards Coventry, with riders leaving the group when convenient.
Rugby Wednesday 9th May
- The ride will meet at 0930hrs at Barby Nurseries (SP 545 693), riding to
- Church Brampton, Stables Café (SP 718 660) for coffee, and
- Abthorpe for lunch
Please contact Allan Winters (01788 822966) for more details.