- The next Tuesday show is entitled “Steam Power & Pedal Power” and will be presented by Dave Hearn about The Great Dorset Steam Fair & The Tour of Britain. The show will take place at The Friends’ Meeting House, Hill Street, Coventry on Tuesday 15th January at 2000hrs.The full slide show timetable can be downloaded here.
- Here is a list of the special events for next year to put in your diary:
12th-15th April A weekend tour in The Cotswolds. The tour has proved very popular and we have reached the limit on numbers in the selected hotel so it is now being closed for accommodation booked by me. If you still wish to come along but book your own accommodation you are welcome. Please contact Alan Jelley for guidance and assistance at:(firstname.lastname@example.org)
14th-25th May A b&b tour in Sardinia, organiser: Mike Thomas (024 7669 2792, 079 2903 8398)
19th May, Annual Meriden Service, organiser: Dave Hearn (024 7667 0048, 079 4089 7216)
2nd, or 9th June Triennial Veterans (over 50-years) 100-mile ride, organiser: Bob Tinley (02476542676, 07717833565)
28th-30th June Ladies Tour, organiser: Vicky Palethorpe (077 2227 1196)
CTC Coventry Sunday 6th January
Rides meet at the War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
- An easy paced ride up to 30-miles long will be led by Dave Hearn (024 7667 0048, 079 4089 7216) to Brandon Marsh, Badgers Tea Room (SP 386 759) and return to Memorial Park.
- A longer ride will be led by Simon Clarke (077 1386 4427) to:
- Southam, Café 16 (SP 417 617), for coffee after 14-miles, to
- Fenny Compton, The Wharf (SP 431 533) for lunch after 26-miles and return to
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 54-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.
View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
CTC Coventry Tuesday 8th January
- Meeting point: Southam, Gateway Café (SP 419 620) at 1015hrs.
- At approximately 1100hrs the ride will be led by Bob Tinley (024 7654 2676, 077 1783 3565) for lunch at Stretton-under-Fosse, Malt Kiln Farm (SP 455 814).
- The ride will return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group when convenient.View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
CTC Rugby Wednesday 9th January
- Meet at 0930hrs at Yelvertoft Village Hall (SP 594 758)
- Coffee at Broughton Astley
- Lunch at Welford
- Please contact Peter Whittle (01455 557213) for more details.