- The Triennial Veteran’s 100-mile ride is getting closer. Please get your registration in as soon as possible to allow the organisation team to finalise all the arrangements for the day. All the details are on our website where you can download the route and registration documents.
- The City Council is keen to promote cycling and is particularly interested in the “North East Corridor” of Coventry. As part of this endeavour we are adding an additional meeting point at Caludon Castle on our shorter Sunday rides for 21st April and 12th May.
- The British Heart Foundation are organising 16 and 32 mile rides from Wren Hall, Wroxall, CV35 7ND starting between 0930hrs and 1030hrs on Sunday 19th May. Please look on their website for more details
CTC Coventry Sunday 5th May
The short ride will meet at the War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs, but the longer ride will meet at Binley Woods Village Hall (SP 394 775) at 0800hrs this week only.
- An easy paced ride up to 30-miles long will be led by Dave Hearn (024 7667 0048, 079 4089 7216) to:
- Dragon Fly Tearooms, Brueton Park, Solihull (SP 160 787) for a coffee break and return to
- Memorial Park.
- A longer ride will be led by Bob Tinley (024 7654 2676, 077 1783 3565). This is a test run to check out the route for the 100-mile Tri-Vets in June, but anyone, regardless of age, is welcome to join us.
- Meet on the forecourt of the Binley Woods Village Hall (SP 394 775) ready to leave at 0800hrs
- On the Tri-Vets coffee will be at Sibbertoft Village Hall after 30-miles, but we will stop for coffee at Great Oxendon, Waterloo Cottage Farm (SP 736 835) after 34-miles.
- On the Tri-Vets lunch will be at Great Easton Village Hall at the 54-mile point, but we will stop at East Carlton Countryside Park (SP 834 893) at 58-miles.
- On the Tri-Vets tea will be at West Haddon Village Hall at the 82-mile point, but we will stop at Naseby, The Old Vicarage Tearooms (SP 688 781) at 74-miles.
- Depending on our arrival time we may be able to stop at Catthorpe, Manor Farm (SP 551 781) after 90-miles.
- Return to Binley Woods Village Hall after a total of 102-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.
View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
CTC Coventry Tuesday 7th May
- Meeting point: Stoneleigh Park (SP 326 714) at 1015hrs.
- At approximately 1100hrs the ride will be led by Mike Thomas (024 7669 2792, 079 2903 8398) to lunch at Draycote Water (SP 453 815) after 32-miles – this is a change from the previously advertised destination.
- The ride will return to Stoneleigh Park – a total of 47-miles.View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
CTC Rugby Wednesday 8th May
- Meet at 0930hrs at Barby Nurseries (SP 545 693)
- Coffee at Harleston Heath, Garden Centre (SP 712 636)
- Lunch at Walgrave
- Please contact Andy Lees (07964 798758) for more details.