- To celebrate this year’s Women’s Festival of Cycling, Vicky Palethorpe is organising a Ladies only ride on Sunday 15th July. Click here for information.
- Mike Thomas is organising a camping weekend near Rutland Water from Thursday 16th August to Sunday 19th August. There are options to cycle each way from Coventry (about 50-miles) or to drive, or use train assistance to the site. Mike is planning day rides on Friday and Saturday. Please email Mike@MikeThomas.org.uk for more information, or to book your place.
Coventry Sunday 20th May
- Rides meet at the Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
- This is the weekend of the Meriden Memorial Service to be held at 1100hrs on Sunday 20th May to remember cyclists who died in service in World War II. It is attended by cyclists from a wide area around the Midlands. Click here for full details.
- An easy paced ride to the service will be led by George Riches (024 7645 2437, 077 4986 7516) in time for morning coffee before the service and back to Memorial Park afterwards.
Coventry Tuesday 22nd May
Meeting point: Hatton Locks (SP 240 668) at 1045hrs.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs for lunch at Wellesbourne, Touchdown Café (SP 262 549).View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
- We will return towards Coventry, with riders leaving the group when convenient.
Rugby Wednesday 23rd May
- The ride will meet at 0930hrs at Newbold Church (SP 487 772), riding to
- Countesthorpe Garden Centre (SP 589 959) for coffee, and
- Clipston, The Bull’s Head (SP 712 818) for lunch
Please contact Allan Winters (01788 822966) for more details.