Women’s 2019 Festival of Cycling
The event will be be in two stages.
- Stage 1 starting at 9.15 as usual from the Memorial Park and riding to Hunningham with a stop for coffee at Hilltop Farm cafe. Approximately 25 miles and returning to the Memorial Park.
- Stage 2 for those wishing for a longer ride travelling on to Hatton Locks and stopping for refreshments there. An additional 24 miles.
Any queries or feedback please contact Vicky on 077 2227 1196. We will be setting up a WhatsApp group for this event so please text her your number if you are hoping to attend.
August Camping Weekend
Mike Thomas is organising a camping weekend near Rutland Water from Thursday 16th August to Sunday 19th August. There are options to cycle each way from Coventry (about 50-miles), to drive or to use train assistance to the site.
Mike is planning day rides on Friday and Saturday. Camping at The Louisa Alice Campsite in the grounds of Ranksborough Hall which is just outside Langham and about 2 miles northwest of Oakham. A discounted rate of £12 per night per tent has been negotiated. The plan is to meet at the Memorial Park at 09.00 on the 16th and cycle at a gentle pace with coffee and lunch stops of course to the site and return on the Sunday. Our route where possible will follow Chairman Bob’s new 100 mile ride. Mike will contact those who have ‘booked’ with the GPS routes etc. Its not too late to join the group going to Rutland; just contact Mike@MikeThomas.org.uk or telephone 024 7669 2792.
Coventry Sunday 8th July
Rides meet at the War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
- An easy paced ride will be led by Dave Hearn (024 7667 0048, 079 4089 7216) to Dragon Fly Tearooms, Brueton Park, Solihull (SP 160 787) and back to War Memorial Park.
- A longer ride will be led by Bob Tinley (024 7654 2676, 077 1783 3565) to:
- Ullesthorpe, Palmers Garden Centre (SP 518 869) at 18-miles for coffee,
- Newtown Lindford, Jade Tea Rooms (SK 522 097) at 37-miles for lunch,
- Sapcote Garden Centre (SP 479 937) at 60-miles for tea and return to
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 79-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.
View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
Coventry Tuesday 10th July
- Meeting point: Knowle, Wyndley Garden Centre (SP 183 758) at 1045hrs.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs for lunch at Wootton Wawen, The Cowshed (SP 158 631).View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
- We will return towards Coventry, with riders leaving the group when convenient.
Rugby Wednesday 11th July
- The 100-mile ride will meet at 0800hrs in Rugby, riding to
- Newbold Church (SP 487 772) at 0815 and
- Meriden, Berryfields Farm Shop (SP 245 814) for lunch and
- Astley Book Farm (SP 324 880) for tea.
Please contact Mark Jacobson (079 8130 9963) for more details.