- The next show will be presented by Alan Jelly with a talk entitled “A short break in Iceland & Hiking, Biking & Kayaking in Greenland”. Alan’s talk will be at The Friend Meeting House, Hill Street, Coventry on Tuesday 16th October at 2000hrs.
- The full timetable can be downloaded here.
- The AGM has been booked for Friday 2nd November at The Friends Meeting House, Hill Street, Coventry. Refreshments will be available from 1930hrs and the meeting will commence at 2000hrs. The essential formalities of receiving the secretary and treasurers reports and election of officers will form a very small part of the meeting, but it is a very good forum for any other matters to be discussed – for example, how we organise Sunday and Tuesday rides and Club tours. Any input will be very welcome. We will also talk about our centenary celebrations due to take place in 2021.
- As you know, the half-day and whole-day Sunday rides have become very popular: so much so that we have been splitting the half-day ride into a shorter and a longer ride, which is very pleasing. It does mean, however, that there is increasing pressure on our small pool of leaders.
- It would really help if new leaders would step forward. You will find that our riders are a very understanding bunch who won’t give you a hard time if the route doesn’t go exactly as planned. Please talk to any of our regular leaders if you have any concerns.
- Please have a look at the planning spreadsheet that has separate tabs for Sunday short rides, Sunday long rides and Tuesday rides. View here
and type into the spreadsheet – data is automatically saved, so it couldn’t be easier.
Coventry Sunday 14th October
Rides meet at the War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
- We understand that many of you go on the short ride because of time constraints and are not able to commit the time to riding all day. However, if you would like to ride a little further than the usual short ride of 30-miles you will be very welcome to ride with the longer ride to coffee and then return to the Memorial Park. We will ensure that there is a leader for the return trip.
- An easy paced ride of less than 30-miles will be led by Carl Lewis (024 7626 7385, 077 6784 7573) to Draycote Water (SP 453 815) and back to War Memorial Park.
- A longer ride will be led by Kevin Rourke (019 2641 9205, 075 9600 5829) to:
- Long Itchington, Long Itch Diner (SP 418 644), for coffee after 14-miles, to
- Tysoe, The Peacock (SP 340 442) for lunch after 33-miles, to
- Wellesbourne, Touchdown Café (SP 262 549) after 47-miles for tea and back to
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 65-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.
View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
Coventry Tuesday 16th October
- Meeting point: Balsall Common, Oaks Farm Café (SP 230 764) at 1045hrs.
- At approximately 1130hrs the ride will be led by Jill Seamen to lunch at Earlswood Lakes, Manor House Tearooms (SP 110 774).
- The ride will return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group when convenient.
Rugby Wednesday 17th October
- Meet at 0930hrs at Sawbridge (SP 504 660)
- Coffee at The Equestrian Centre
- Lunch at Nether Heyford, The Olde Sun (SP 661 587)
- Please contact Ross Spall (07773 658869) for more details.