- To celebrate this year’s Women’s Festival of Cycling, Vicky Palethorpe is organising a Ladies only ride on Sunday 15th July. Click here for preliminary information. More details of meeting point and route will follow.
- It is not practical for us to run a regular ‘Sales and Wants’ feature, or to include trade adverts, but I am making an exception this week to include this information I have just received:My name is Charlie and I have recently set up a small cycle touring company. I come from a cycle touring background and the idea is to give people a very gentle introduction to touring. So my plan is to offer a small number of 1, 2 and 3 day fully supported tours – for people that don’t really do cycle touring! I know this sounds a bit odd, but the idea is to run very leisurely tours where getting out and about in the countryside (and eating cake) is more important than simply cycling for miles. So I was hoping that if you knew of anybody that might be interested in what I am doing you would pass on the contact details below. I realise this sort of thing might not be what members of your cycling club would normally think of doing – but you never know it might be a way to get a non cycling partner out and about on a bike with them for a few days!View the web site or email Charlie@charliescyclorambles.co.uk
Coventry Sunday 13th May
Rides meet at the Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
- An easy paced ride of less than 30-miles will be led by Dave Hearn (024 7667 0048, 079 4089 7216) to Leamington, Victoria Park (SP 312 656) and back to Memorial Park.
- Anyone fancying a slightly faster morning ride is very welcome to join the longer ride and return home after the coffee break. There are usually a few people riding to coffee only, so you can be sure of some company on the return journey.
- A longer ride will be led by Jeff Palethorpe (075 1029 7038) to:
- Illshaw Heath, Wedges Bakery (SP 134 741) for coffee after 16-miles, to
- Hanbury Craft Centre (SO 961 641) for lunch at 33-miles.
- Wootton Wawen, The Cowshed (SP 158 631) for tea at 49-miles and
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 68-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.
View the route in BikeHike – includes download facility.
Coventry Tuesday 15th May
Meeting point: Warwick, The Tuckery (SP 281 649) at 1045hrs.
- The ride will leave at approximately 1130hrs for lunch at Illshaw Heath, Wedges Bakery (SP 134 741).View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.
View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
- We will return towards Coventry, with riders leaving the group when convenient.
Rugby Wednesday 16th May
- The ride will meet at 0930hrs at Sawbridge (SP 504 660), riding to
- Wellesbourne for coffee, and
- Lower Brailes for lunch
- Barby for tea
Please contact Andy (07964 798758) for more details.