In 1921 a Coventry section of the Cyclists’ Touring Club’s Birmingham District Association was formed. In 1936, Coventry and the CTC sections in eastern Warwickshire (Nuneaton, Rugby and Leamington) split from the Birmingham District Association to form sections of the Coventry and East Warwickshire District Association. This organisation continued after local government created the West Midlands council in 1972.
In October 2010 the Coventry and East Warwickshire District Association dissolved itself, with CTC Coventry and CTC Nuneaton becoming independent member groups of the Cyclists’ Touring Club. Rugby members were allocated to an informal member group attached to CTC Nuneaton. The Leamington group had folded some years before.
In 2016, the Cyclists’ Touring Club re-branded itself to become Cycling UK. In October 2016 CTC Rugby became attached to CTC Coventry.