- The ladies tour is getting ready to roll on 28th June – let’s hope the weather is better for them than it’s been this week. The tour is fully booked, but you can look at more information here..
- British Cycling / HSBC are organising the annual Ring Road Event in Coventry on 8th September 2019 and we have been asked to provide a stall. This will allow us to showcase Cycling UK as a national organisation and demonstrate what CTC Coventry does at a local level. We are looking for volunteers to help on the stall for a 2-hour session on the day. We are also looking for someone to oversee and co-ordinate the presentation of our stall – please contact George Riches to get more information.
- Bob Tinley is organising a weekend tour to the Peak District from 4th to 7th October using Travelodges for two nights and a Youth Hostel for the other night. Full details can be seen here. There is a limit of 10 places on the tour, so please contact Bob Tinley before 1st July to secure a place on the weekend.
- Our current runs list is nearly at an end, so we need to assemble the runs list for the next 3-months. The next runs meeting is only a week away, so please click here to see the on line planning chart. I cannot emphasise too strongly that we need as many people as possible to lead rides in order that we can continue to provide a full programme of Sunday and Tuesday Rides, so please sign up to lead a ride.
CTC Coventry Sunday 23rd June
Rides meet at the War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs.
- A moderately paced ride of under 30-miles will be led by Dave Hearn 024 7667 0048, 079 4089 7216) to Warwick, Pastelaria Portuguesa (SP 289 653) and back to War Memorial Park.
- A longer ride will be led by Kevin Rourke (019 2641 9205, 075 9600 5829) to:
- Wellesbourne, Touchdown Café (SP 262 549), for coffee after 17-miles, to
- Lighthorne, Pavillion (SP 341 563) for lunch after 32-miles, to
- Draycote Water (SP 453 815) for tea after 48-miles and return to
- Coventry, Memorial Park after a total of 63-miles.
View the route with Open Street Maps – showing tea stops.
View the route in Bike Hike – includes download facility.
CTC Coventry Tuesday 25th June
- Meeting point: Hatton Locks (SP 240 668) at 1015hrs.
- At approximately 1100hrs the ride will be led by Vicky Palethorpe (077 2227 1196) for lunch at Charlecote, The Garden Store (SP 263 564).
- The ride will return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group when convenient.
CTC Rugby Wednesday 26th June
- Meet at 0900hrs at Yelvertoft Village Hall (SP 594 758)
- Coffee at East Fardon
- Lunch at Tugby
- Please contact Peter Whittle (01455 557213) for more details.