- HS2 construction is currently going ahead in Warwickshire and is resulting in road closures that we don’t always know about in advance of our rides, causing us to divert at the last minute. May I ask leaders and other riders to respect instructions given to us by the workforce – you may not believe arguments about looking after our safety, but the “guards” are also charged with preserving the security of the worksite.
- The next Tuesday night Clubroom Show is on 18th February and is entitled “Return to Yorkshire”. Dave Hearn will tell us about the Cycling World Championships and a cycle tour to Yorkshire. The show will start at 2000hrs in The Friends Meeting House, Hill Street, Coventry and is remarkably good value at £1.50. The full programme can be downloaded from our website.
- The full programme of Sunday and Tuesday rides can be viewed and downloaded from our website.
- This year there will be another Ladies Weekend Tour, from 26th-28th June 2020. We hope to head south to take in parts of Oxfordshire and Worcestershire, covering 40-50 miles each day. Accommodation could be at Premier inn /Travelodge in Banbury and Evesham and we will book early to get good prices. The route leads through some gorgeous countryside, pretty villages and may include a stop at Stratford-on-Avon. Please let Vicky Palethorpe know if you are interested.
CTC Coventry Sunday 16th February
Amendment to Sunday Rides
Because of Storm Dennis we have cancelled the morning and all-day rides this Sunday. We hope this does not inconvenience anyone.
- Rides meet at the War Memorial Park by the Park & Ride facility (SP 324 774) at 0915hrs. View the weather forecast.
- A moderately paced ride of under 30-miles will be led by Dave Hearn (024 7667 0048, 079 4089 7216) to Lavender Hall Fishery, Berkswell (SP 243 778) and back to War Memorial Park.
- A longer ride will be led by Jeff Palethorpe (075 1029 7038) to:
CTC Coventry Tuesday 18th February
- Meeting point: Lavender Hall Fishery, Berkswell (SP 243 778) at 1015hrs.
- At approximately 1100hrs the ride will be led by Jill Seamen (07842 179295) to lunch at Shustoke, The Plough (SP 227 909) after 12-miles.
- The ride will return towards Coventry with riders leaving the group when convenient
View the route with Open Street Maps or Download a gpx track file.
CTC Rugby Wednesday 19th February
- Meet at 0930hrs at Barby Nurseries (SP 545 693)
- Coffee at Flore Nurseries, Bliss Lane (SP 649 601)
- Lunch at Hellidon, Red Lion (SP 519 581)
- Please contact Graham Bevan (01788 814597) for more details.
Post expires at 8:05pm on Wednesday 19th February, 2020